To create more member involvement / engagement in the new club website https://www.egcc.org.uk/ we are going to launch a new monthly website competition which will run throughout the year.
Each member is invited to submit one image each month via email either to me, email@example.com or to the club secretary, firstname.lastname@example.org by the end of the Month. Entries will close on the last working day of the month. On the first working day of the month I will publish a gallery of all the images received together with a poll in the News section of the website.
All members will be asked to cast a vote for their favourite image in the gallery, even those who did not submit an image themselves. The winning image will be the main website banner image on the Home Page of the website for the following Month.
The current Banner image, “ East Grinstead from Ridge Road” by Joyce Flower will be replaced by the winning entry.
There are very few but important rules for the Competition
- Images emailed at 1600px x 1200px (You can use them again if you wish in the normal Club Competitions)
- All images to be in “landscape format” – the web banner has to be in Landscape format
- Images can be submitted from any period, new or old
- Images can be of any subject or object
- Only one image per member to be submitted each month
- Images can only be submitted once i.e. the same image cannot be re-submitted in future months
- Please do not vote for your own image!
- If there is a tie the final decision will be made by Hon President Peter Bishop – unless one of his images is in the tie when the decision will be made by Vice President Derek Winsor. If the tie is between Derek and Peter, then Chris Griffin will decide!
This is intended to be a “fun” competition and all are asked to take part. It will solve the dilemma of which image we can have on the new Home page and allow us to carry out a regular refresh of the home page which is always good.
The first competition will be open from 1st August and close 31st August. Voting will be open on 1st September!
Please get snapping or dig into your back catalogue to find your favourite images.