East Grinstead Club Privacy & Data Protection Policy
- This policy explains when and why we collect personal information about our members, how we use it and how we keep it secure, and member’s rights in relation to it.
- East Grinstead Camera Club (EGCC) is established with the objectives set out in its constitution to serve the interest of our members and is a data controller within the UK.
- East Grinstead Camera Club is a Member of the Surrey Photographic Association (SPA), which is affiliated to the Photographic Alliance of Great Britain (PAGB
- EGCC collects and retains sensitive contact information and subscription payment records (with no bank details), and non-sensitive competition-entry-related information from members, from potential members, and from people associated with the running of the club. The sensitive data is kept secure in compliance with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) 2018.
- We have implemented generally accepted standards of technology and operational security in order to protect sensitive personal data from loss, misuse, or unauthorised alteration or destruction.
- The data held will not be shared with any third parties, for any reason, other than legal obligation.
- The only people with access to the data held are members of the EGCC committee.
- The data will only be used for the purposes of our legitimate interests in operating the Club to contact the person for and on behalf of the EGCC, and in support of SPA and PAGB sponsored competitions entered by EGCC as a body.
- The club will keep this data for a maximum time according to the purpose for which it was gathered and permission granted.
Sensitive Personal data:
- The personal data of a club member or applicant will be retained whilst membership is maintained, and for no longer than two years after the initial enquiry has lapsed or membership has expired.
- The personal data related to non-members associated with the running of the club, hiring or supply of facilities or services, will be retained and relevance reviewed annually. The data may include names, addresses, contact details, and the nature of the service provided.
Non-Sensitive competition-related data and images:
Competition entry data records limited to the member’s name, the associated image, the specific competition, and mark/score may be retained indefinitely in the club records and may be displayed in the public domain on the club website and used in support of EGCC publicity, unless expressly requested by the member to be withheld.
Member’s images from EGCC events posted on EGCC social networking websites:
- Such images are not retained as records by EGCC. However, EGCC may use the image and member’s name in associated publications in support of EGCC publicity in the public domain, subject to the member expressly withholding such permission.
- Any person whose data is held by EGCC has the right to view the data at any time by request and also has the right to withdraw permission for EGCC to hold that data. Upon request, all of that person’s data will be securely deleted from the club records.
- For current members, their membership of EGCC will also cease at that time.
- EGCC welcomes junior members and requires that the member’s details, for contact purposes, can only be taken with express permission from the parent or person with legal parental responsibilities for the individual. Contact with the junior member will be in a manner restricted to the wishes, as stated, by the parent or guardian who originally granted relevant permissions.
- Permission may be rescinded at any time and all data held will be securely deleted from the records.
If at any time an individual feels that EGCC fails to take adequate precautions in the way the data held is used or securely stored, that individual has the right to complain to the Information Commissioners Office at www.ico.org.uk
Please address any questions, comments and requests regarding our data processing practices to our Club Secretary – email@example.com
East Grinstead Camera Club
Last updated 3rd July 2023