1. The Club shall be called the East Grinstead Camera Club and membership shall be open to all interested in photography.
2. The objects of the Club shall be the cultivation and discussion of Photographic Science and Art and kindred subjects.
3. The Club shall be affiliated to the Surrey Photographic Association.
4. The Officers of the Club shall comprise the President, Vice-President, Hon. Treasurer, Hon. Secretary, Hon Syllabus Secretary, Hon. PDI Competition Secretary, Hon. Print Competition Secretary, Hon. Exhibition Secretary, Hon. Publicity Secretary, Hon. Social Secretary and Hon. Webmaster who, together with the Immediate Past President, shall form the Committee. The Quorum shall be six. The Officers shall be eligible for re-election.
5. The Committee has the power to co-opt Members to serve on the Committee and to fill casual vacancies (other than those of Patron, President and Vice-President for which successors shall be elected at an Extraordinary Meeting of the Members) occurring during its term of office.
6. The Annual General Meeting of the Club shall be held during May to elect Officers, present the accounts, fix the Annual Subscription and conduct the general business of the club.
7. Nominations for Officers shall be proposed and seconded by two Members.
8. The Hon. Secretary shall keep the Minutes of all Committee Meetings, Special General Meetings and Annual General Meetings.
9. The Hon. Treasurer shall collect all subscriptions and other monies due to the Club and shall give formal receipts therefor. All such monies shall be held by him or her intrust for the Club and, except for petty cash, he or she shall deposit the same in such Bank as may from time to time be authorised by the Committee. Cheques shall be signed by any two of the President, Hon. Treasurer and Secretary of the Club. The Hon. Treasurer shall prepare a statement of accounts at the close of each year for submission to the Annual General Meeting after the accounts have been examined by a person appointed by the Committee for that purpose.
10. The annual subscription is payable in advance by 1 October each year. The names of those unpaid by 31 October may be erased from the List of Members by order of the Committee. Only fully paid up members may enter the Club Competitions.
11. For members under the age of 18 a reduced subscription shall apply.
12. If, in the opinion of the Committee, a Member be found guilty of conduct contrary to the interests of the Club, he or she may be expelled from the Club and lose all interest and benefit in it but to be effective, two-thirds of the whole Committee must vote for expulsion.
13. The Hon. Secretary shall call a Special General Meeting within three weeks of a demand signed by not less than one-third of the membership. Ten day notice shall be given and the subjects to be discussed specified: no other subjects may be raised.
14. Members shall be at liberty to introduce visitors to the meetings of the Club.
15. Members shall advise the Hon. Secretary of a change of address. All notices sent to the address of the Member shall be deemed to have been duly delivered.
16. No alteration or addition to these Rules shall be made except at the Annual General Meeting or a Special General Meeting called in accordance with Rule 13. Proposed amendments to the Rules are to be circulated to all members ten days before the General Meeting.
17. The Club’s Competitions shall be run in accordance with separate rules relating thereto and are subject to revision by the Committee as and when called for.
18. The Committee reserves the right to exercise its control over the use of the Club’s meetings for commercial purposes. All offers for apparatus and materials shall be made through the Committee or a Committee Member.
19. No fee or payment shall be made to any Member but this shall not preclude the repayment of out-of-pocket expenses incurred by the Member in connection with the business of the Club.
20. Membership of the club implies the undertaking to comply with, and abide by, these Rules.
21. A copy of the Rules shall be delivered to every member, either on paper or electronically.
(Revised May 2018 pending ratification)